The Putnam County Community Foundation is excited to announce its most recent grant recipients from the Community Foundation’s largest unrestricted fund, the Community Grants Endowment, as well as from its 44 named unrestricted funds, created by generous organizations and community members.
“The Grants Committee strives to make grants in a wide array of areas which impact the health, safety, and livability of Putnam County,” said Dean Gambill, Community Development Director. “This cycle of grants does just that.”
The Community Foundation’s Spring 2022 grant cycle awarded nearly $55,000 in grants to eight community partners serving Putnam County. Grant recipients include:
- Purdue Extension Putnam County: Support for Grow a Healthy Diet Program
- Greencastle High School: Provide baseball safety equipment
- Greencastle/Putnam County Development Center: Support of Leadership Academy
- Dusk-to-Dawn Bereavement Services: Provide bereavement services in Putnam County
- Putnam County Playhouse: Upgrade lighting instruments with LED instruments
- Russellville Volunteer Fire Department: Upgrade scene lighting system
- Greencastle Police Department: Upgrade computers
- Hoosiers Feeding the Hungry, Inc.: Provide meat to area food pantries
For questions about the grants program or how to start an endowment, please contact Dean Gambill at 765.653.4978.