The Putnam County Community Foundation is excited to announce its most recent grant recipients from the Community Foundation’s largest unrestricted fund, the Community Grants Endowment, as well as from its 39 named unrestricted funds, created by generous organizations and community members.
“After a year of complete uncertainty and changes to our normal grant processes, it is great to get back to a somewhat normal granting process. This cycle, we were able to fund some great projects which will benefit many of our county’s residents,” said Dean Gambill, Director of Community Development.
The Community Foundation’s Spring 2021 grant cycle awarded over $80,000 in grants to nine community partners serving Putnam County. Grant recipients include:
- Putnam County Coalition for Education and Creative Arts: Support for professional development and awareness
- Fillmore Community Volunteer Fire Department: Replace gear and purchase foam nozzle
- Putnam County Community Emergency Response Team: Support for the Project Lifesaver program
- Clinton Township Volunteer Rescue and Fire Department: Purchase AED devices
- Roachdale-Franklin Township Public Library: Upgrade financial software to meet state standards
- Greencastle Police Department: Replace outdated laptops
- Friends of the Putnam County Public Library: Install storybook walks
- Greencastle Community School Corporation: Create a garden at GMS maintained by students in the after school
- Greencastle Arts Council: Create street banners from student art
For questions about the grants program or how to establish an unrestricted endowment, please contact Dean Gambill at 765.653.4978.