Putnam County Community Foundation Prepares for 2023 Share the Dream
The Putnam County Community Foundation is preparing for the upcoming Share the Dream program which begins Tuesday, October 10, 2023.
This year, the Community Foundation’s Philanthropic Development Committee is offering an endowment building opportunity for 20 of its component funds which are working toward endowment status. Donors are encouraged to help eligible funds reach their fundraising goals during Share the Dream with the added incentive of available matching funding.
- 4-H Putnam County Dog Club Scholarship
- Betty Hughes Memorial Fund
- Betty L. & Marjorie Dierdorf Memorial Scholarship
- Cloverdale Community Dollars for Scholars – John J. Whitaker Music Scholarship
- Cloverdale Community Dollars for Scholars – Sydney Lawren Willis Scholarship Endowment
- Eitel Family Scholarship for Civic Leadership
- For The Love Of Trees Endowment
- Francis and Betty Hamilton Memorial Scholarship
- Greencastle Community Schools Educational Endowment
- Harold H. Hardman Memorial Scholarship
- Heritage Lake Scholarship Fund
- R. and Ginger Scott Scholarship for Aviation
- Joyce G. Christiansen Scholarship
- Lisa Stringer Thies Memorial Scholarship
- Putnam County Knights of Columbus Scholarship
- Robert L. Harbison Family Scholarship Endowment
- SAC Scholarship Endowment
- The Greencastle NAACP Growing Roots Scholarship Fund
- Timothy E. Schroer Memorial Scholarship
- Tri Kappa Scholarship
“The Putnam County Community Foundation is committed to supporting local philanthropy, and we know first-hand the power of endowment. A $50,000 gift today can grow to $150,000 in 50 years even while providing over triple its initial value in grants to support the community,” commented Neysa Meyer, Executive Director of the Putnam County Community Foundation. “Our entire community wins when we invest our resources in charitable endowments which will continue to make an impact for generations to come.”
Share the Dream will run from October 10-17. Eligible funds must receive qualifying donations totaling a minimum of $250 during the program dates to receive a portion of $35,000 endowment building grant.The first $250 in qualifying donations made will be matched dollar for dollar. Donations beyond the first $250 will be matched proportionally with the remaining match grant dollars across all participating funds.
All cash and check donations must be received at the Putnam County Community Foundation between 8:30 AM on Tuesday, October 10 and 5:00 PM on Tuesday, October 17. Checks dated or received outside the program dates will not qualify. Online gifts may qualify if they are made between 12:00 AM on Tuesday, October 10 and 11:59 PM on Tuesday, October 17 at pcfoundation.org.
This year, there will be two additional grant prizes of $1,000 each awarded to the fund with the most donors and the fund which raises the most money.
Consider a gift to a fund listed above and help them increase their impact. Donations can be mailed to 2 S. Jackson St., Greencastle 46135, or can be made online at www.pcfoundation.org.
For additional information about Share the Dream, persons may contact Sarah Stone at email@example.com or call the office at 765.653.4978.