Fall 2023 Grant Awards
The Putnam County Community Foundation is excited to announce its most recent grant recipients from the Community Foundation’s largest unrestricted fund, the Community Grants Endowment, as well as from its 45 named unrestricted funds, created by generous organizations and community members.
The Community Foundation recently awarded over $120,000 in grants to 10 community partners serving Putnam County. Grant recipients include:
- Beyond Homeless, Inc.
- Cloverdale Town Park
- Family Support Services of West Central Indiana
- Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana
- Greencastle Community School Corporation
- Greencastle Fire Department
- Putnam County Center for Women’s Ministries
- Putnam County Coalition for Education and the Creative
- Putnam County Food Pantry Coalition
- Putnam County Hospice & Palliative Care Association
These grants were recommended by the Grants Committee, comprised of 11 members, who reside throughout the county. “While we are proud to support the incredible work that these grantees are doing in the community, it is their achievements that should be celebrated,” said Dakota Everts, Chair of the Grants Committee. “Each organization receiving funding from this grant cycle is doing great work to improve the lives of our neighbors, friends and family right here in Putnam County.”
The Community Foundation’s next Community Grants cycle will take place in the spring of 2024, with grant applications due by February 1, 2024.
Additionally, the Community Foundation awarded 9 Way to Go grants to outstanding Putnam County organizations selected by one or more members of the Putnam County Community Foundation Board of Directors to recognize the organizations’ contributions to our community in the previous year. Grant recipients include:
- Bainbridge Improvement Society
- Cloverdale Lions Club
- Isaiah 117 House
- Putnam County 4-H Dog Club
- Putnam County Community Emergency Response Team Inc.
- Recovery Raw
- SAWs – Greencastle Presbyterian Church
- Transformers of Putnam County – Gobin Memorial United Methodist Church
- Winter Wonderland Lights – Friends of the Park Association of Putnam County
“The Putnam County Community Foundation Board of Directors is excited to recognize these 9 organizations and to congratulate them on a job well done,” said Board President Marianne Savage. “We are privileged to serve on a Board which allows us to learn about the amazing work happening across our communities, and we are happy for the chance to recognize these outstanding Putnam County organizations.”
For additional information about grants or other opportunities at the Putnam County Community Foundation, persons may contact Sarah Stone at email@example.com or call the office at 765.653.4978.