To best serve our community during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Putnam County Community Foundation continued to utilize the Putnam County Relief Fund in 2021. The Relief Fund allowed the Community Foundation to respond to emerging and long-term needs created by COVID-19 by quickly deploying resources to local nonprofits, agencies, and other charitable entities.
The Relief Fund awarded $75,560 to entities serving our communities in 2021.
The following organizations received grant funding:
- Faith Hope Love Food Pantry
- First Baptist Church
- Floyd Township Fire and Rescue
- Greater Greencastle Chamber of Commerce
- Greencastle Christian Church
- Greencastle Summer Music, Inc.
- Putnam County Youth Development Commission
- Peace Lutheran Church
- New Life Baptist Church
- New Providence Baptist Church
- Roachdale Christian Church
- Russellville Community Church
- St. Andrews Episcopal Church
- Two Fish Food Pantry
In total, the Relief Fund disbursed more than $168,000, since March 2020, to local nonprofits and other charitable initiatives that provided services to those directly impacted.