In 2007, The Putnam County Community Foundation made the largest grant in its history totaling $375,000 to Ivy Tech Community College. This grant was designed to help accomplish the goal of raising $1.9 million to support the Center for Workforce and Economic Development at the new Greencastle campus.
The grant was used to match contributions to the building fund and scholarship endowment at the Community Foundation. In 2008 five families and organizations answered the call and took advantage of the matching funds to establish their own legacy with a named fund benefiting Ivy Tech’s new campus.
The following funds were established:
- Eitel Family Scholarship for Entrepreneurship and Civic Engagement
- First National Bank Scholarship Endowment
- Graffis Scholarship Endowment
- North Salem State Bank Scholarship Endowment
- Putnam County Hospital Scholarship Endowment
Construction began in 2008, and the project finished ahead of schedule. Students began attending classes at the new facility in the fall of 2009.
To learn more about the Ivy Tech Greencastle campus, visit https://www.ivytech.edu/greencastle/.