Putnamville United Methodist Church Endowment
Administrative Council of the Putnamville United Methodist Church
The primary purpose of the fund shall be to provide a source of financial support for the activities, programs, upkeep and maintenance of the historic Putnamville United Methodist Church.
The old brick building that is now home to the Putnamville United Methodist Church was built in 1835 as the Putnamville Presbyterian Church and it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 1861, after the Presbyterians split into the new school and old school, this building was sold to the Methodists. This new congregation preserved the history of this great building. The wooden pulpit is original and the antique pews were added in the early 1900s. The bricks of the building were made locally and the foundation is composed of Puntamville limestone. A vestibule, classrooms, restrooms, and a kitchen have been added to the original structure. While the congregation remains fairly small, it has been noted for its fine music, dedicated United Methodist Women group, and both local and international mission work.
Grant / Payout History
First Grant Awarded
Most Recent Grant Award
Total Grant Awards