PCCF Home
Contact us PCCF Home Print Page
About the Foundation / Donor Opportunities /Planned Giving / Our Funds / Grants / Scholarships / Youth Philanthropy / Contact / Donate Now

> Funds Listing
   -Community Funds
   -General Benefit Funds
   -Animal Welfare Funds
   -Arts and Culture Funds
   -Cemetery Funds
   -Civic Need Funds
   -Economic Development Funds
   -Education Funds
   -Scholarship Funds
   -Environmental Funds
   -Health & Human Services Funds
   -Recreation Funds
   -Church & Spiritual Purpose Funds
   -Funds Established This Year

 

Repeat dots

Cloverdale Community Eyecare Endowment

Year Founded
1994

Purpose of Fund
The primary purpose of the Fund shall be to provide income for the general eye-care needs of the residents of the Cloverdale Community as identified by the Social Worker/School Nurse at the elementary school(s) attended by the residents of Cloverdale Township, Putnam County, Indiana.

History of Fund

The Cloverdale Eyecare Endowment was established by the Cloverdale Lions Club.

In 1925, Helen Keller addressed the Lions Clubs International Convention in Cedar Point, Ohio, and challenged Lions to become "knights of the blind in the crusade against darkness." Since then, Lions Club members across the world have worked tirelessly to aid the blind and visually impaired.

The Cloverdale Lions Club was established in 1943, and they have served the Cloverdale area since then. The idea of this endowment was twofold. First, it enables members to donate funds, or to leave a legacy when they pass, and have confidence the funds will be used for the purpose intended. Second, it is to continue the mission of the Cloverdale Lions Club even if the club ever ceases to exist.

Grant / Payout History

2012   $400.00

_____________

Total    $400.00



CF Logo