PCCF Home
Contact us PCCF Home Print Page
About the Foundation / Donor Opportunities /Planned Giving / Our Funds / Grants / Scholarships / Youth Philanthropy / Contact / Donate Now

> Funds Listing
   -Community Funds
   -General Benefit Funds
   -Animal Welfare Funds
   -Arts and Culture Funds
   -Cemetery Funds
   -Civic Need Funds
   -Economic Development Funds
   -Education Funds
   -Scholarship Funds
   -Environmental Funds
   -Health & Human Services Funds
   -Recreation Funds
   -Church & Spiritual Purpose Funds
   -Funds Established This Year

 

Repeat dots

Fillmore Community Volunteer Fire Department Endowment

 

Year Founded
2014

Purpose of Fund
The primary purpose of the Fund shall be to provide financial support to the Town of Fillmore for the benefit of the Fillmore Community Volunteer Fire Department, Inc.

History of Fund
In 1957, concerned citizens in Marion Township and the South half of Floyd Township within Putnam County, Indiana, got together and voiced their concerns about fire protection. As a result, on March 31, 1958, the Articles of Incorporation were signed, thus forming the Fillmore Community Volunteer Fire Department (FCVFD). At that time, the Town of Fillmore was unincorporated and fire contracts were only executed with Marion Township and Floyd Township (South half of Floyd Township only) for fire protection services. In 1988, the Town of Fillmore incorporated and executed their first fire protection contract with the FCVFD. Then in 2006, the last check was written to the FCVFD from Floyd Township and fire protection services ended for Floyd Township in 2007. Currently, the FCVFD takes responsibility for fire protection services in the Town of Fillmore and all of Marion Township within Putnam County.

From the time of formation in 1958, the FCVFD has been working towards building/bettering the fire department and the fire station building. In 1958, the fire department purchased land and an old blacksmith shop in which they started out and continued to use until 2014. Then in the early 1960s, adjoining land was purchased and the cinder block 2-bay station was constructed. In the early 1970s, the fire department built the 1-bay addition to the building. In the early 1980s, the FCVFD realized that they had to start planning for the construction of a new fire station, and in 1985 more land was purchased in hopes of one day constructing that new fire station.

FCVFD faced financial hardships in the early 2000's and saving for a new fire station became difficult. Their building was plagued with a leaky roof, a cracked foundation, black mold, lack of storage space, and many other issues. In 2013, FCVFD applied for a grant with IOCRA. In order to strengthen their grant application, the Fillmore Fire Department opened a fund and endowment with the Putnam County Community Foundation.

Fillmore Volunteer Fire Department

 

 

CF Logo